20050728

I'm it!!!!!!!!

thanks to Fuego by way of DQ, i am now it!!!!!!!! so, here goes!!!!!!!

Total # of books I own:

um, a lot. i keep everything that i have ever read. even magazines!!!!!!! how many cosmos do i have? a ton!!!!!!

Last book I bought:

well, i actually bought 2 books at the same time. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Inheritance.

Last book I read:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Book I am currently reading:

Confession by Elizabeth Gage. it is about a woman who leaves her husband and runs away with her daughter's boyfriend. i am not done yet, but it is very interesting.

First memory of a book:

Amelia Bedelia. i used to love those books. i always thought it was so funny how she took everything literally. imagine my joy when i saw the my neice is reading them also!!!!!!

Five books that mean a lot to me:

1. i have to say The Bible. this book is of the utmost importance to me. it is a manual for life. everything in it can't be taken literally because the times are different, but it is our job to read it and see exactly what God intended for us to get out of it when we read it our day and time. He knew what the world was going to be because he is all knowing, and i believe that He made everything applicable to us. it is up to us to figure out how. and this is the journey. my favorite part is Proverbs 31. it talks about being a virtuous woman and that is the kind of woman i want to be.

2. The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo. i am a middle child and this is about a middle child finding the spotlight for once.

3. The Making of Haiti. i am haitian and have not yet had the opportunity to visit the country my family comes from, so reading about the history of it is very important to me.

4. Jane Eyre. My mother bought me this book. i hated it and i couldn't even finish it, but it was a gift from my mother, so i love it.

5. All About Me. this is a book that i bought that kind of serves as a diary. it has questions that i have to answer and it will be great one day for my kids to know who i was when i was young.


Books I'm looking forward to being consumed:

Inheritance. it is the second book in a series that i started a year ago. it just came out and it is a really interesting story. i can't wait to see what happens. it is amazing...this author is only 16 and he already has a best seller!!!!!!!!!!!

Books that are underrated:

The Grapes of Wrath. i really enjoyed this book. i never wanted to read it because i always considered it a "smart book", but it was really great. it had a sad ending, but it was still, all in all, a good book.

The Catcher in the Rye. another "smart book." i loved it. there is so much cussing in it and it is fun to read. the writer writes like he is talking and it is a little hard to follow sometimes, but it is really fun to read the story.

Books that are overrated:

Jane Eyre. all i can say is, What?

Memoirs of a Geisha. ok, i liked the book, i did, but it is not ALL THAT. i really enjoyed reading about the history of Geisha. Japanese history is very interesting and it was really educational for me to learn about the purpose of Geisha.

ok, that wasn't so bad!!!!!!! i will be getting TD next, if she hasn't been tagged by Max. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

TD said...

Super Duper Lala!!!! It looks PHENOM! And I'm feeling a stronger bond with you knowing that you're my Haitian Sister! (((HUGS))) (we're probably related... you know all Haitians are...)

Max said...

Co sign on the Ameila Bedelia books! Love!

DramaQueen said...

and co-sign again! I used to love Amelia Bedelia! And you are a good one for even attempting Jane Eyre. No desire here; if that's a smart book, then I will stay dumb. I refuse to read what society tells me is good to read for the same reason I don't read books from Oprah's Book Club (untill years later when everyone forgets about them...). Thanks for participating, and keep tagging! TD, I'm checking yours next!