20050616

Tender Roni...

...that was the song that was out when my best friend from middle school and i were are our strongest. after 8th grade, we kind of grew apart and we started hanging out with different people. after 9th grade, i moved to a different state and we lost touch all together. in the past 15 years, i have thought often about where she is. what she has been up to. i have thought about what our friendship would be like if we were still in touch. on 6/15 i came home and listened to my answering machine. i hear a message saying, "hi. i'm looking for *** that used to live in the Acreage (that's what they called it where i lived). this is ***. we were friends in middle school. you had an older sister names *** and a younger sister named ***. if this is you, please give me a call." i couldn't believe it. a childhood friend. i don't have ANY. no lie...NONE. we moved around a lot when we were growing up and i never kept friends because we moved on. the only thing i have ever been jealous of with any of my friends is that they have childhood friends. NOW I HAVE ONE!!!!!!! we have been trying to catch up this whole day. she got a few things fixed that she didn't like on herself and i've done some changing too. i am just so happy to have found her in my life again. BFF really does mean Best Friends Forever, huh?

1 comment:

TD said...

I love it when people reach out. I feel like I'm the only one that does... you know? after a while... I start to feel like a stalker or something. But it's good to read your reaction and know that reaching out is never bad...

*